Thank you for being a valued part of the HIS House family and supporting our mission to help people overcome homelessness and achieve independence. Since 1989, HIS House has provided shelter and supportive services to more than 4,500 homeless men, women, and children.
Like all of you, we are keeping a constant watch on official recommendations regarding COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing environment, but our top priority remains the well-being of our clients, staff, volunteers, and community.
Please keep reading below for information about how we are responding to COVID-19.
HIS House is taking every step to respond to the COVID-19 crisis while continuing to provide services to our clients. We are committed to implementing strategies that will meet our client’s most basic needs as well as safeguard health for both our clients and staff.
We want our community to know:
- HIS House is an Access Point for Families to the Family Solutions Collaborative shelter network and is deemed a critical service during this time. Although we have temporarily closed our offices and will continue to respond virtually until further notice. HIS House is dedicated to continuing to support our clients during this challenging time. Through the creative use of technology, our staff is providing virtual services to clients via phone, text, and email. Our staff continues to meet and discuss how we can provide ongoing support to outreach clients as well as our current and past residents. For families in need, contact HIS House at (714) 993-5774 or www.hishouseoc.org.
- We are working with City and County officials to identify other areas of our community’s COVID-19 response where the expertise HIS House can be utilized.
- The need for financial assistance and shelter will only increase in the coming months. We are seeking supporters to donate and pledge to support HIS House families during the current “safer-at-home” order by the State of California. Click here to make a donation to support HIS House families.
- HIS House truly appreciates the dedicated support of our network of amazing volunteers! We are assessing how to engage our volunteers in virtual ways.
- Due to limited staff presence, and in the best interest of everyone’s health and well-being, we are not able to accept drop-off, in-kind donations at this time. We encourage individuals interested in making in-kind donations to contact Maria@his-oc.org. Thank you for supporting HIS House and our clients during this challenging time.
- In keeping with guidance from the State of California, we will not be hosting any large in-person events through May. The HIS House Annual Luncheon this year will be on September 20, 2020.
- Our leadership will continue to monitor the news about COVID-19 and will respond to the recommendations of our government officials and health experts. We recognize that things are changing quickly, and we may need to alter our plans pending official guidance and conditions.
We will continue sending updates to our entire community via email, on this page of our website, and on
social media with news about our programming and actions you can take to help our clients through this challenging time.
For future updates: Check back on this page. We will update as needed.
The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the best source of information about the COVID-19 pandemic.